Issues Causing Price Drop From $200K To $140K
1.Wet Core issues.
a. A potential buyer brought his moisture meter and found wet readings. We called in a SURVEYOR and he confirmed very wet readings. I can provide the survey.
i. Starboard side of the hull from the rub rail down to just above the water line. From the transom forward about one third the length of the boat. This is confusing because this boat supposedly is NOT a cored hull.
ii. A large portion of the foredeck. This is a common issue on these boats because the recessed area for the sunpad cushions holds water most of the time.
2. Engine Oil.
a. The owner paid the yard to change the oil and filter two years ago. The mechanic, a known drug addict who has since been terminated, never did the work yet collected the money. He has done this to a number of other customers. The filters are marked with a 2014 date. So, the oil is 5 years old. The owner has probably put only 100 to 125 hours on the boat during that period.
b. The surveyor noticed when he pulled the engine oil dipsticks that the port engine oil, while very dark seemed clean. The starboard engine oil had a grit feeling.
c. I am arranging to have the boat put in the well, run for 15-20 minutes to warm her up and really get the oil moving and then pull 8 fluid samples. Three engine oils, three antifreeze, and two transmission.
3. The starboard engine has turbo blowback.
4. Salon Headliner
a. The salon headline has a stain about 4’ X 3’. I put my finder up to see what might be going on and it stuck hard. When I pulled it off, it left a significant dimple.
5. The bridge has two small windows that swing out. One window is missing.
6. There are two fiberglass repairs on the hull. One is on the bow above the water line and one on the port side about 1’ X 3’. The gel coat is now a different shade.Salon/Dinette
The Salon is entered down 3 steps from the AFT Deck. AFT and down 3 steps is the Master Stateroom. Forward is the Galley. Further Forward and down 2 steps is the FWD Stateroom.
* The Salon is quite large with sofas on either side
* One Sofa converts to a bed
* Newer Hardwood Flooring
* Mini Blinds
* Wood Dining Table with 4 Chairs
* Heat/AC Control
* Newer Wood FlooringGalley
The Galley is to Starboard and Forward of the Salon. So the Galley is up and very bright with all the side windows. It is open to the Salon and the Dining Area. It is very well equipped with appliances.
* Subzero Refrigerator
* Subzero Freezer with Ice Maker(there is also an ice maker on the Bridge)
* Princess oven with 3 Burner Cooktop
* Cover for the Cooktop
* Microwave Convection by Sharp
* Double Sinks with Covers
* Trash Compactor by Broan
* Coffee Maker
* Exhaust Fan
* Wood FlooringAft Deck
The Cockpit is the entrance to the boat. She can be entered by wing doors on either side or by coming up the stairs from the Swim Platform. From the Cockpit you can go up stairs to the Bridge or down stairs to the Salon.
* Large Wicker Arm Chair to Port
* 3 Piece Sectional Wicker Sofa to Stbd.
* Glass Topped Wicker Cocktail Table
* TV on the large FWD Counter
* Folding Ladder suspended from the ceiling for roof access
* 2 Opening Windows
* Wing Doors on either side
* Full Size Transom DoorBridge
The Helm is up 4 stairs from the AFT Deck. It is totally enclosed with Heat/AC. There is a large retractable skylight for plenty of sun and air. There is plenty of seating and a large entertainment center.
* Wet bar with Sink
* Refrigerator by Isotherm
* Ice Maker by Icerette
* Captain's Seat with Bolster
* Companion Seats to either side
* Double Seat Sofa to Stbd.
* L Shape Seating to Port
* Storage everywhereMaster Stateroom
The Master is all the way AFT and down 3 steps from the Salon. The Headboard is to Port and the Vanity/Head to Stbd.
* Queen Berth complete walk around
* Bedside End Tables
* 3 Hanging Lockers--Cedar Lined
* Built in Cabinets with Drawers
* Tremendous amount of StorageMaster Head
The Master Head is compartmentalized to Stbd and very open. The Vanity is open to the Stateroom. Forward and to the left is a compartment for the Toilet. AFT and to the right is another room with the Shower/Tub.
* Large Vanity with plenty of counter space
* Large Mirror over Vanity
* Plenty of storage under counter top
* VacuFlush Toilet
* Shower with TubForward Stateroom
The Forward Stateroom is quite large with Cedar Lined Hanging Lockers and an Ensuite Head.
* Island Double Berth
* Storage Under Berth
* Round Opening Hatch with Screen
* Mirrored Headboard
* 2 Hanging Lockers-one is Cedar Lined
* Ensuite Head
* VacuFlush Toilet
* Counter with Oval Sink and Storage Underneath
* Large Mirror over Vanity
* Separate Shower with Bi-Fold Door
* Closet with Shelves--see photoLaundry
There is a Laundry Room as part of the third head. This is off the Companion Way to Port just down from the Galley. There is a full size Washer and full size Dryer.Electronics
* Ray E120 Display
* Radar--4' Array
* Autopilot--Ray 650
* Tridata Display
* VHF--Ray 220
* Compass--Ritchie Power Damp 4"
* Side Power Bow AND Stern Thrusters
* Searchlight Control by ITT Jabsco
* Trim Tab Controls
* Remote Windlass Controls
* Electronic Shift and Throttle ControlsElectrical
* Kohler Generator (1113 hours)
* 50 amp Shore Power Cord near Bow
* 50 amp Cord with Glendinning Cablemaster on Transom
* Battery Charger
* Charles C Power ISO Boost
* Four 8D Batteries for starting
* One Group 27 battery for Thruster
* One Group 27 Battery for GeneratorMechanical/Engine Room
The Engine Room is accessed by lifting the stairs that come down to the Salon from the AFT Deck--see photo. It runs forward the whole length of the Salon.
* 5 Marine Air Heat/AC Units
* AFT Deck
* Master Stateroom
* FWD Stateroom
* Water Heater
* Central Vac
* Oil Change System
* Diamond Plate Floor
* 20 Gallon Water HeaterDeck & Hull
* Bow Thruster
* Stern Thruster
* Trim Tabs
* Spotlight with Remote Control at Helm
* Windlass-Maxwell 2200-with Foot Pedals and Helm Controls
* 3 Windshield Wipers
* Triple Horns
* Dual Fender Holders on Bow Rails each side
* Swim Platform with Boarding Ladder
* Transom Storage LockerManufacturer Provided Description
The Carver 506 Motor Yacht is an aft-cabin motor yacht that offers spacious living accommodations. It does so by virtue of a design that features raised, nearly flush deck walk-arounds that enable the salon to be expanded the full width of the beam. That gives the 506 a wider, roomier-than-expected interior, which Carver has further opened up with one big, inviting room that encompasses the salon, galley and dining area. A free-standing dining table and chairs provide extra flexibility. And the intriguing two-tiered elliptical window configuration offers unparalleled visibility whether passengers are seated or standing - plus, the streamlined windows add to the bold swept-back exterior styling. The 506 offers three main levels for entertaining: the flybridge, aft deck and cabin...all can be fully air-conditioned and enclosed.Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.